Events | #gutlebendigital
In the current second dialogue phase of #gutlebendigital, we are presenting initial results for discussion since May 2018: What does a desirable future look like from the perspective of the participants in the first dialogue phase? What concrete projects and activities already exist that live this future? Who would have to do what to move us towards this ideal future? These events are structured interactively and are oriented towards the 10 topics from the discourse on quality of life plus two additional fundamental topics. These events are either already completed or firmly agreed:
- On 26.5.2018 at the MAKE Rhein-Main in the Tatcraft.
- On 29.5.2018 with the leadership of the social work of the German Red Cross.
- On 22.8.2018 at a closed convention of the Caritasverband Frankfurt.
- On 4.9.2018 at a federal ministry in Berlin.
- On 5.9.2018 in the open meeting place in Königstein.
- On 13.9.2018 with the Inner Wheel Club Frankfurt Rhein-Main.
- On 22.10.2018 at the Haus am Dom in Frankfurt.
- On 20.3.2019 in Baden-Baden.
A large event together with the Catholic Academy Frankfurt takes place on 22nd October from 7 pm to 9 pm in Frankfurt. Key speakers are the philosopher Ina Schmidt and the futurologist Max Thinius (invitation in German). Further events are planned for Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich.
Events of the first phase
In the first, opening phase of #gutlebendigital, from September 2017 to March 2018, we conducted 12 events with larger groups in parallel to the interviews and the online survey. They all were about the same four questions:
- Where do you currently see the positive effects of digitalization on people's quality of life?
- In which areas does digitalization not yet have the hoped-for influence on quality of life or even negative consequences?
- Please describe an ideal future from your point of view: where and how does digitalization have a positive effect on quality of life?
- Who would have to do what to move us towards this ideal future?
At these interactive events, the participants were able to exchange ideas with each other and with the moderators and develop new ideas together. At the same time, we were able to make quality of life research visible. More than 500 answers were entered into the database of #gutlebendigital, nearly half of all entries.
We would like to thank all participants and especially the organizers and hosts who opened their networks and their rooms for #gutlebendigital. In addressing potential hosts, the greatest possible diversity of groups and opinions was important to us - with a high level of professional competence in digitalization and/or quality of life. These 12 events took place in this order:
- With the network of entrepreneurs and scientists of delodi UG in Berlin on 9.10.2017.
- With students of the University of St. Gallen on 30.10.2017.
- With digital experts at the hub.berlin festival on 28.11.2017 in English (video).
- With software developers from the Frankfurt Developers network in Frankfurt am Main on 15.12.2017 in English.
- With the Digital Media Women Rhein-Main at KfW's Digital Office in Frankfurt am Main on 24 January 2018.
- With HR-professionals and philosophers in the Brainery in Hamburg on 14.2.2018.
- With employees of innovation laboratories in the skydeck of DB Systel in Frankfurt am Main on 21.2.2018.
- At the community meeting of "Les Enfants Terribles", a school and initiative for good new work in Berlin on 24.2.2018.
- With organisational developers of the "step pro" network in Darmstadt on 28.2.2018 (invitation).
- With startups at the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center in Berlin on 8.3.2018 in English (blog entry).
- With the network of the German Advisory Council on Global Change (WBGU) in Berlin on 16 March 2018.
- With international scholarship holders of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in Würzburg on 22.3.2018.
In addition to the great professional diversity, we would also have liked to have achieved more geographical diversity, including in small towns and rural regions. Unfortunately, we did not find partners for this.