More and better data enable a holistic understanding of health, prevention, and therapy
The digital technologies allow people to gain a deep and holistic understanding of their body and mind. The use of artificial intelligence and the collection and linking of health data between patients, practitioners and health insurers facilitates disease prevention.
Classical therapy is turning into a personalized, comprehensive and precautionary approach. A personal, individual and fast contact with the treating person is guaranteed at any time, even over spatial distances.
The availability of health data accelerates medical research. Healing is therefore faster and better. There are clear rules on who can use health data, why, how and when. The right to informational self-determination in relation to one’s own health data is safeguarded. [References to: 6. Education, 11. Security]
Electronic Patient Record
Patient data is stored uniformly and can be retrieved with consent.
Recommendations for Action
- Policy: relaxation of the ban on remote treatment.
- Health insurance: More health apps in standard care.
- All: Standards for data protection & data exchange.
- Digital technologies lead to [scale] 0 burden to 10 relief in society. (Currently being surveyed)
- Percentage of people using health or care services online: DE 7% (2018; FI 49%)
- Do you use an app at least once a week to improve your health (sports, nutrition, sleep)? Yes/No