3. Work & Economy
Sensible interaction between humans and machines broadens freedoms and saves resources
In the future, digital technologies will be used more and more to facilitate communication, to connect people and machines and to automate existing processes. Many companies, including small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups, work well together online and offline with a well-developed infrastructure and a high level of data security. In this way, the same products and services can be produced with less time and natural resources. New, higher-quality products and services become possible.
The satisfaction of employees is high because they are well prepared for dealing with the new technologies and a trust-building work organization on site, on the road or at home continues to give them an important role. The time released by automation and the additional financial leeway are used for creative and social activities as well as for more leisure time. The increasing possibilities are also used to limit the negative personal and societal effects of change, such as fears, job worries and insecurity, by informing and training as many people as possible. [References to: 5. Education, 6. Health, 8. Transport & Mobility]
Living company agreement for platform-based internal crowdsourcing.
Recommendations for Action
- Companies/Organizations: Move forward proactively and responsibly. Stay as open as possible to other organizations and perspectives.
- Politics: Enable infrastructure and diversity; support (further) education.
- Trade unions: Actively shape digitalisation.
- Individuals: Inform, experiment, train.
- Unemployment rate: DE 3.7% (2017; JP 2.8%)
- Has your company/employer initiated a forward-looking approach to digitisation or not? Scale] -5 does far too little, 0 ideal, up to +5 too fast.
- In the last 6 months, have you trained for at least 10 hours on work-related digitisation topics (in the company or privately)? Yes/No.