3. Work & Economy
Sensible interaction between humans and machines broadens freedoms and saves resources
In the future, digital technologies are used more and more to facilitate communication, to connect people and machines, and to automate existing processes. Many companies, including small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups, work well together online and offline with a well-developed infrastructure and a high level of data security. In this way, the same results can be produced with less time and natural resources. New, higher-quality products and services become possible.
Employees thrive as they are well prepared for dealing with new technologies and because a trust-promoting organization of work continues to give them an important professional role, regardless of whether they work on site, on the road or from home. The additional time and financial leeway brought about by automation, allow more creative and social activities as well as more leisure time. The expanding possibilities are also used to limit the negative personal and societal effects of change, such as job insecurity, by informing and training as many people as possible. [References to: 5. Education, 6. Health, 8. Transport & Mobility]
Your Project Suggestion
Which projects with potentially broad impact fit the vision? Send us your suggestions.
Recommendations for Action
- Companies/Organizations: Move forward proactively and responsibly. Stay as open as possible to other organizations and perspectives.
- Politics: Enable infrastructure and diversity; support (further) education.
- Trade unions: Actively shape digitalisation.
- Individuals: Inform, experiment, train.
- Unemployment rate: DE 3.7% (2017; JP 2.8%)
- Has your company/employer initiated a forward-looking approach to digitisation or not? Scale] -5 does far too little, 0 ideal, up to +5 too fast.
- In the last 6 months, have you trained for at least 10 hours on work-related digitisation topics (in the company or privately)? Yes/No.
A project by