4. Leisure, Arts & Culture
Digital technologies offer easier and more diverse access to culture and leisure activities
Digital technologies offer easier and more diverse access to other people, networks, cultures and leisure activities. In this way, cultural and artistic exchange and active engagement with culture become broader and more intensive. For niche hobbyists and special interests, this opens up more opportunities and better interconnectedness. It will be easier for everyone to become creative and make & create.
People can deal with the many possibilities in a self-determined way and remain in relationship with others. They consciously choose between digital and analogue encounters, offers and times - and combine them wherever it makes sense. The providers use the possibilities of digital technologies for the co-creation and visualization of art. [References to: 1. I: The Individual, 3. Work & Economy, 10. Community]
Recommendations for Action
- Individuals: Dealing with online vs. offline possibilities. Become active.
- Provider: Use digital possibilities.
- Politics: Look at the breadth of offers and possibilities (long tail).
- In your spare time have you found a good balance between the use of digital offers and offline possibilities? Good balance - quite a lot online - not enough online
- Do you use digital applications to design your offline leisure time? Daily - once a week - sometimes - never.