1. I: The Individual
The people with their individual needs are the starting point for the design of digitalization
Central for the shaping of digitalization is the human being with his needs and abilities as well as his participation in and contribution to the common good. Digital technologies are used to strengthen people’s freedom, personal responsibility and self-determination. They support their active participation in social and professional life. And they enable people to pursue their diverse individual needs, which can include recognition by others and entertainment as well as peace and privacy.
Awareness of one’s own analogue and digital identity, of that of other people and of nature is also promoted, which contributes to more authenticity on the one hand and openness and respect for other lifestyles on the other. People use digital communication in a self-determined and context-dependent way and are aware of its effects on others. Support services to train skills in dealing with technology and conscientious use in accordance with their needs are generally accessible and used. People are largely safe, fearless and disciplined in dealing with digital opportunities. References to: 5. Education, 6. Health, 10. Community]
Recommendations for Action
- Companies/Organizations: Review your own activities along this vision of the future.
- Politics: Derive checklist for regulatory projects from the vision of the future.
- All: Promote pilots for the digital era who are independent of particular interests.
- Individuals: Develop mindfulness and competencies.
- Digital technologies lead in society to [scale] 0 heteronomy to 10 self-determination.
- Digital technologies lead to [scale] 0 low sense of responsibility up to 10 high sense of responsibility in society.
(both indicators are currently being surveyed)